John 8:12 – light of the World – “Light represents God”
1 John 1:5-12 We need light because the world is a dark place. Eph 6:12 states Satan is roaming around this world.
- v 5-6 living in the light: means you have accepted Jesus as your personal Lord and Savior
- v. 7 Living in community: openly seeking accountability in your life
- v. 8-10 Living in truth: constant repentance and coming back to God in humility
Which do you lack the most of?
3 types of sins:
- The sins in your life, and satan will keep you in the dark.
- sometimes, if we are sinned against, we keep this pain in, and we are bound and can’t break free (Eph 4:32). Forgive so that you no longer have to be enslaved
- If you have wronged someone, humble yourself and approach them and seek forgiveness.
Jesus says come to the light and you can have life.
Learning is humbling. When I learn something new, it isn’t just something meant to build me up. What it should also do is remind me how much I don’t know yet and how much I have to learn.
It’s kinda like sin; when we sin… sure, it will bring us down because we’re feel guilt and shame for slipping up. But the more we sin, and the more we confess, the more thankful we are to God for His forgiveness. It’s like realizing more and more how amazing the gift of forgiveness is each and every time we turn our backs on Him who created us.
So, just like that, I want to focus on learning this year. Everything from optometry, relationships, theology, maturing, the church, everything. I want this to be a year focused on learning and growing. I believe it will begin with humility and realizing the extent of my own sin, that I need God, and even moreso, that I want him. And I’ll only really want him if I realize how far short I fall of the cross.